I’ve read a lot of marketing related books in the past few years. Partially because that’s what I studied at KEA when I was living in Copenhagen, but also because I wanted to learn how to reach my target audience, engage with my following and create more value for them.
Lately I am getting tired of reading books in this style and find that some of them are saying very similar things. However, I am grateful for the insights I have gained from taking the time to absorb some advice from professionals and thought leaders.
I was reluctant to write this post as I don’t see myself as any kind of marketing guru but I know that some of the people who follow me and my activities are musicians and artists who are serious about their career and want to learn more about the industry, music business and marketing.
So for those of you who want a list of books I recommend reading, here it is. I’m going to use this page as my first foray into affiliate links and see if it actually works for me [If the links aren’t up yet, the will be soon]. I am always keen to try new experiments when it comes to marketing and it’s nice to learn something new by putting it into practice.
I’m going to break this list into simple categories so it’s easy to navigate and you can pick subjects that are most relevant to you.
• ’22 Immutable Laws of Branding’ by Al Ries
• ‘Purple Cow’ by Seth Godin
• ‘All Marketers Are Liars’ by Seth Godin
• ‘Contagious’ by Jonah Berger
• ‘Made To Stick’ by Chip Heath
• ‘Marketing Communications’ by John Egan
• ‘Resonate’ by Dr. Louise Mahler
• ‘The Tipping Point’ by Malcolm Gladwell
• ‘Fizz’ by Ted Wright
• ‘Permission Marketing’ by Seth Godin
• ‘Catching The Big Fish’ by David Lynch
• ‘David & Goliath’ by Malcolm Gladwell
• ‘Drive’ by Daniel H. Pink
• ‘Outliers’ by Malcolm Gladwell
• ‘The Icarus Deception’ by Seth Godin
• ‘The Dip’ by Seth Godin
• ‘The War Of Art’ by Steven Pressfield
• ‘Making Music’ by Dennis DeSantis
• ‘Mixing Secrets For The Small Studio’ by Mike Senior
• ‘To Sell Is Human’ by Daniel H. Pink
• ‘The Long Tail’ by Chris Anderson
• ‘Likeable’ by David Kerpen
• ‘Tribes’ by Seth Godin
Well that’s plenty for now but I’ll add more over time. I hope you find this list useful. If you have any books you can recommend me (and others) please post them in the comments.
Til next time,
BE MY FRIEND ON GOODREADS